Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 6: A little late & Day 7: A fresh start

Ok, so this should have been posted yesterday, but I couldn't.  It was a bad day for me yesterday.  I was depressed and overwhelmed.  I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about what I am doing with my life, whether I should be doing something else and how can I think about big dreams when I can't even manage the smaller day-to-day issues. 

I listened to a podcast from Bob Doyle yesterday about his Boundless Living Challenge and heard several inspiring stories about people pursuing their passions.  That made me think about some of the passions I have given up on in my life.  I wanted to be an architect, a photographer, an astrophysicist.  And I would still love doing any of those things.  But they aren't in the cards right now.  I am a marketer for a bank.  And I do like what I do, and who I work with.  The worst part of my job is wishing I could work for a greater good, instead of corporate profits. 

But I also have a family to think about.  And our family has dreams that we share, that we are working on.  I've mentioned our farm plan and really do want to make that happen.  I am never happier than when I am with animals outside. 

So after a little talking and crying about what isn't, I am ready to start focusing again on what is, and what will be.  I can still work on being a photographer, and will.  And I want to focus on the farm first and foremost.  I'm not sure if Bob Doyle's Boundless Living Challenge is still going on, but if so, I'm going to participate. 

In a way that is what this blog is about.  It is about making myself focus on my goals each and every day and spending time attracting those goals to me. 

Last night after I finished my pity party, I was able to do some thinking about the plans for the barn.  We had sketched out a custom design for a barn that we've realized is probably more than we need, and more than we want to spend.  So we did a little searching on the internet and found some other ideas.  We picked out one that we really like, that is more traditional looking that we were going for with our custom design.  We just have to modify the placement of stalls, since we need it for foxes and raccoons, not horses. 

This morning the sun is shining, the air is crisp and fresh and it is a beautiful day.  The birds are singing and the flowers are in full bloom.  And I am grateful to be alive.  Although my back pain was bad first thing this morning, it is going away already, without medication.  I am going to get up and stretch it out more today so I don't stiffen up again, like yesterday. 

I may even go for a walk.  But I do still have work to do, and I should get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment