Sunday, April 8, 2012

Photography

You know, something I've always dreamed of doing professionally is photography.  And lately that bug has really been eating at me.  So I'm giving it a try.  I'm not sure how (that'll come).  And there are a lot of reasons not to do it.  I don't have a camera.  I can't afford a professional camera right now.  I have no network, or portfolio, or connections.  And with all the other things going on in my life right now, I have no idea when I'm going to be able to focus on this.  But I'm taking the first step.

I am committing to trying photography.  I spent yesterday and today dying Easter eggs and celebrating Easter with some very good friends.  And I took a lot of photos.  And I don't think they are just snapshots.  OK, some of them are.  But it was a family event and I'm very proud and, and grateful for my family.  I am posting a few of the better ones here.  Comments welcome.

And I can imagine myself buying that Hasselblad that I want.  I can see myself spending a Saturday at a wedding.  I have a studio where I can do the traditional staged portraits.  But I also see myself taking and selling more artistic photography.  I see an opening at a gallery.  I see people buying my photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment